A definitive holiday gift guide for the marketer of your life. Or a blogger or small business owner.
I do not want big things this year. I do not need more clothes, nor a new pair of boots. I do not need a new cellphone, or a new coat and I have more jewelery that I usually wear. But I do have a wish list that will help me manage my business, my time (work and leisure) and it will make me feel better.
If you know an online entrepreneur and you do not know what to give him/her for Christmas, this is it. I’ve got you covered with this list. You will not only spend money but you will invest in his/her project and that, he/she will love it the most.
- Training: whether this person is passionate about his project and job, he/she will need and would love to learn new skills and tools that will help him/her manage the business. Maybe this person needs to learn web design to manage the site or how to improve his/her photography skills to take more professional pictures. Maybe this friend needs to learn how to manage social media profiles or how to increase his/her sales. There are zillions of classes on the internet that will help us to better manage our time and business. Skillshare offers tons of free and paid courses. There is a personal branding course from Creative Live that I would love to take.
- Me time at a near spa: so many hours in fornt of the computer can take a toll on your health and can make you more stressed out. It is essential to disconnect from time to time. A relaxing massage is as good investment as it is equivalent to training. Some of my better ideas come when I am running outside, doing exercise, or participating in any hobby that allows me to relax my hectic day at my laptop. I can think freely and can see things more clearly.
- 2017 Planner: we, small business owners need to be really well organized and althougn we’ve got an online business, I love to write my to-do lists. The Erin Condren planners are a bit expensive, but look cute, and I’ve read reviews that say they are worth it.
- Management tools for social media. Tailwind: One of my goals for 2017 is to grow my Pinterest account and to make that happen I am going to need a service to do it. Tailwind enables you to repin your content, schedule your pins and has fantastic analytics. An annual suscription would be fantastic.
- A briefcase to wear my laptop, planner and other things: there are always meetings to go to and a briefcase with a broken handle does not give a good impression. I like this one.
- Photographic equipment: to take indoor and outdoors pictures. Tripod, light reflectors or a backdrop can help you take better photos. This wood backdrop looks good to me.
- Sunglasses: too much time in front of your computer make us look like vampires and when we go outside the sun can bother us. With these cool sunglasses, I am eager to go for a walk and breath some fresh air.
- A selection of gourmet tea or coffee: it is essential for somebody who works from home. We do not suffer from bad coffee machines, but a good cup of tea or coffee is a treat we can have everyday without remorse.
- Something beautiful to make our workspace look nicer: Most of the time we work from a small hole in our homes. A crowded table in the kitchen or bedroom and if you are lucky maybe you’ll have a small office. A beautiful plant will make your workspace look brighter and it is always a good option. But something that does not require lots of care ;).
What do you think are the perfect gifts? I would love to hear some other ideas below.